-Art Elements Analysis -




This beautiful piece created in 2022 is titled ESCAPE TO THE MOUNTAINS by Melanie Biehle. It is made from acrylic paint on wood and measures 12W x 12H x 1.625 D inches as stated on her website

I was drawn to this piece because it is made by a Pacific Northwest artist and the colors and textures were very appealing to me. I also like the dark and winter like mood of the piece.

The emotions I feel this piece gives off are wonder and mellowness. The mixture of dark and light blue and gray hues is like a winter day and the contrast of water and mountains showing depth of the scene makes the viewer wonder where this is and what is the viewpoint of where it was created. The tones make me feel relaxed and like it is a cold winter day and I am wrapped up in a blanket and looking out the window of a cabin. 

I also really enjoy the texture of the paint where some of it seems to extend out from the wood and appear grainy, additionally how the lines and warm tan color above the mountains create such a contrast between the gloomy terrain and water below. 

I believe the size the artist chose is very suitable for the piece, and I think it is not too big that it would be considered overwhelming, but instead the perfect size to enjoy in someone's home, perhaps in a living room, entry way as a greeting piece, or even in a bedroom.  
I also appreciate the use of acrylic paint on wood, it has helped highlight the textured details and the thickness of the wood would look amazing hanging on the wall of a room. 
I believe this art was created in her home which is located, as her website states "She currently lives and paints by a lake near Seattle with her husband, son, and pets" (Biehle).


References: 

Biehle , Melanie. “My Art Is a Portal to Help You Connect to Yourself.” Melanie Biehle Art, https://melaniebiehle.com/.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello There! Meet the blogger Alana Jones

Renaissance - Baroque - Art Analysis

Renaissance Art Analysis